Monday, May 25, 2009

Did we miss Spring?

Seems like overnight it has warmed up and the trees are green!! This morning was sunny, then it clouded over and now it is trying to be sunny again. We had a little sprinkle of rain yesterday and that will really green things up now, I am thinking!!

There were afew challenges on the Just Cre8 on line crop this weekend that I had time to participate in. The first one was to use bright colors. This layout is alot brighter than I normally would do!! Hot pink isn't a color I use often!!! But it matched amanda's new bike helmut, so I used it!Then we had to do a layout in under 30 mins. That includes picking your paper and embellishments! I had bought this Pink Paisley paper with this photo in mind, so it was fairly easy to whip a simple layout together. The most time I spent was looking for the alphabits to use on it!!The we had to do a layout with no patterned paper!! That one was alittle difficult too. But I think I managed to do a fairly decent layout doing that. It even turned into a 2 pager bacause I just couldn't get all the photos onto one page and have it looking right. I love using circles so I did that and lots of inking of the edges.
We had quite afew social things to do this weekend and I did end up watching Amanda for the kids on Sat. afternoon while they ran around getting some errands done. Things that they could do with her but would be faster and easier if they were on their own. Poor little one is cutting her eye teeth and she is not the happiest camper these days!! She isn't sleeping well and isn't really eating well, and those are 2 things that she usually does very well!! She is being picky and a little more clingy than usual. It looks like she could be getting all 4 of them at once too! That can't be comfortable. Her fingers are in her mouth and she is drooly again, hasn't been like that for some time. I feel for her and her parents, especially at night, they aren't getting alot of sleep. Been there before!!! Hopefully it won't last long, it looked to me like they were close to poking through so maybe this week, sometime. Anyhoo, hope everyone has a good week and if I get any more layouts done I will try to share.


1 comment:

Fern said...

Cheryl this is adorable... She is a sweetheart...