Saturday, May 16, 2009

Spring? maybe, maybe not!

I am not sure where all the time goes but it has been quite awhile since I updated this blog! This is what we woke up to yesterday morning here in Saskatoon!!! SNOW, in the middle of May. While this is not unheard of, this year because we had such a long cold winter, it was totally unappreciated! We have had snow in June, but not often. The snow yesterday was gone by noon, except for alittle on the north side of the house that is totally in shade all the time and it did give some much needed moisture to things, but really, I mean it's supposed to be spring.








This lovely chalet is where I stayed last weekend for a crop, it's called the Shekinah Retreat and we were there for the entire weekend, scrapping our little hearts out! The weekend started on Friday and went until Sunday afternoon. I drove up there Friday morning and it was cold, damp and cloudy. I was thinking what a good weekend to be inside. However, the weather improved by Sunday and I was ready to go home by then. I had most of what I wanted to get done, done so was ready to leave. I didn't take any photos of our rooms but they were dormitory style on the lower level and the upper level was where we scrapped and ate our meals.
Here is one view from the deck outside the doors where I was sitting for the weekend.
This is taken from the highest place in the chalet, up by the chapel. This retreat house is run by the Mennonite community north of Saskatoon, by the North Saskatchewan river.
The long brown table in the lower right corner is where they served our meals, which were fabulous by the way, and then we had tables to eat at under where I was standing to take this picture.
I did 2 mini albums, played with my new Tim Holtz inks and stamps and did a couple of pages for my daughters' scrapbooks. I will try and take some photos of what I did and get them uploaded later this week. We are off for the weekend to visit with friends and bug our adult kids while they camp in this crazy weather for their annual camping trip that they do with their friends. The temps are supposed to be fairly nice until monday so they shouldn't need their ski pants to sit by the fire!! LOL

1 comment:

Julie Cortens said...

Sounds like the Shekinah Retreat was wonderful and thanks for the pictures. I too took some of the snow last week. The plan was to make sure all the deck and it's furniture was clean, but with freezing temps and snow, it didn't happen.