Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Gobsmacked!!

Isn't that just the funniest word you have ever heard? I am reading Barbara Taylor Bradford's book, "Being Elizabeth" and she uses that word in place of stunned or speechless! Everytime I read it or I think about it while I am going about my daily routine, I giggle. I think it sounds hilarious. The book is based in London so i am guessing it is one of those english words like spanner, torch, knocking someone up. trolley, etc, etc. that we find so unusual when we hear them. There are probably some words that we use that they find funny too! But I just have to giggle when I think about being gobsmacked!!

I am trying to get my mojo back, still. I really need to start doing some scrapbook pages and I have almost used up all my cards in my cardbasket, so with all the birthdays and things coming up this fall, I really need to find it, wherever it went. I signed up for an online class with BigPicture Scrapbooking. It starts September 3rd and I am really hoping that it will jumpstart my creativity. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Karen of the KAGS said...

Yes, Cheryl, I use gobsmacked lots! I'm guessing you've figured out how to use the term by now!
We do have some very lovely ways with words - but so do you guys - who else who name a dessert Sex in a Pan??!!!