Wednesday, September 2, 2009

My little princess


This is pretty much the only thing I got done this summer that would qualify as creative. I did a photo shoot of my little princess and her cousin at the end of June, for their 18 month pictures. We had them outside and I took about 500 shots of the 2 of them. This was one of the best head shots that I got. We tweaked it abit because she had some scratches on her nose and chin but it is mostly as I took it. I had some help from the ladies at JSI as I took everything in there and asked for the help. This is my first attempt at doing a canvas and I don't do much 3 dimensional stuff either. So with their help, I glimmermisted the canvas with 2 colors of glimmermist and a butterfly mask. The flowers are prima, the paper is from Webster's pages line. the swirls are cut apart from the big package of swirls and the butterfly on the top flowers, I found at Michael's in a package of butterflies. I glimmermisted a couple of extra white prima flowers so that they matched up with everything and glued it with zipdry and fabric tac. Oh yes, and the lacy ribbon around the photo was from JSI's wall of ribbon!! The masking on the canvas doesn't come through very well here but IRL it looks quite pretty. I was quite happy with the final results.

2 comments:

Julie Cortens said...

Just beautful!
Stunning1

Sheryl said...

Cheryl, this is STUNNING!!! You did a magnificent job. I love the finished project.