Monday, March 15, 2010

Another Try at Digital


Well, I tried another lesson with the digital scrapbooking CD. This time we started from a blank page instead of using a template so it was alittle more involved. The concepts are starting to make sense to me now but it is taking along time for me to remember all the little details involved in making a page. I really think I enjoy the actual physical actions of glueing and cutting and arranging to the digital versions. I am thinking maybe hybrid might be a good way to go and I have done abit of hybrid already because I have the Print Artist program and have done up journalling for my pages for along time now and in the beginning I made titles and printed out some graphics alot, before I started buying all the cute,matching stuff! Sooo, I think I will continue to learn because I like learning new things, but whether or not I will go digital remains to be seen. I am looking forward to learning more things on PSE8 in regards to photo manipulation though. There is a whole new world out there I think!!

4 comments:

Carly said...

Love the blog Cheryl!! Good luck in your digi-journey! I'm a little nervous to give that a try!

LisaM said...

Your blog looks great Cheryl! You are so brave to try digital, it scares me!

Julie Cortens said...

Cheryl - love the new blog look. The digital page is great - you even added drop shadows. As you learn more in PSE8 you will get better at photo editing and that will open up a lot of doors.

Saucy said...

I switched over to digital some time ago and now I waffle between both scrapbooking worlds. It definitely has upsides: reusing elements over and over again and changing the size of your "embellishments" is pretty cool. It's addictive. It's also nice to just quickly roll out a layout when you have some new photos on your computer and you have no mess to clean up afterwards.

But I miss the texture and the feeling of a traditional layout. Also, if you don't have a good printer or you get your 12x12 layout printed at a bad lab it might not look the way you want it. Plus, you can easily get behind in your printing (I do!) and suddenly realize that you need to print out ten layouts and that is PRICE-Y!

Keep us posted how you like it and how you progress! PhotoShop is the coolest program.

Sasha