Tuesday, January 6, 2009

post Christmas news















I was reminded today that I haven't posted in a long while, so I thought that I would remedy that. I was busy getting ready for Christmas, I made all my cards to send, I tried to visit with my granddaughter as often as possible, I had to bake this year as we were hosting the family get together here at our house, I decorated alittle more than usual for that same reason, so blogging sort of fell to the wayside. I "stole" Amanda from daycare one afternoon and took her to see Santa, sad to say she wasn't too impressed and wouldn't let go of me to sit with him. I had phoned my other daughter Jenn to see if she was willing to come with me in case I had trouble, so she ended up sitting with Amanda by Santa. I saw so many photos of kids crying or screaming while sitting on Santa's lap and I just didn't want that kind of photo. So here is the photo that we got of our little sweetheart with Santa and her auntie.















I have been playing with my camera lot as well. I took pictures of my decorations one day just because I wanted to play with the settings on it. Here are some of the pictures I took



I have to scrapbook some of the many pics I took over the holidays. Amanda had fun opening presents both at Christmas and then again on her birthday. She had a chocolate cake in the shape of a bear for her birthday cake and we have some great pics of her eating it!! I will have to decide which picture is the best and post that one. Then the poor dear got sick with a cold and ear infection, her first one ever and she is just recovering from that now.

In about 10 days Les and I will be heading down to Mexico for our annual winter holiday. Too bad we weren't there already during this ugly cold snap but c'est la vie. We will still enjoy our time together there because it's WARM, warmer than here no matter what the temperature is!!! I can hardly wait. All my christmas decorations are put away, I have even done some purging in the ornament box. I have cleaned a couple of closets out, (I was on a roll) and so I am ready for a holiday. If I can I will try and do a couple of posts on this blog while we are there. I am not sure if I will be able but if I can I will.
Here we are, the proud grandparents with our little princess. It's going to be very difficult leaving her behind while we go away, but think of the welcome home we will get!!

1 comment:

wendy said...

The pictures are so cute! Sounds like you were busy!