Friday, October 9, 2009

Some scrapbook pages
















I have a goal for October, and it is to do 1 layout everyday. I didn't make this goal until just the other day so it wasn't the 1st day of oct. that I started. So far I have managed to do this. And my other goal is to only use my stash, nothing new. So we will see how I do.
I decided that I would really try and mix up my older photos with some of the newer ones, that are of course of my dgd, monkeyface!
so I dug out photos from the 90's. These ones are of Harvest Days in Les's hometown. The fields were "stooked" just like in the early 1900's and an old threshing machine was brought in to show people how harvesting was done in "the olden days" It was a great demonstration and it showed how it really took a team effort to get the harvesting done then. They started out with horses pulling the hayrack but I think the loud noise of the old tractor running the threshing machine scared them , so they converted to a tractor pulling the hayrack. Or maybe they were just running out of time, I can't remember. But I thought this was a great memory to have in the scrapbooks. I am going to try and find some photos of actual threshing in my mother's old albums. If I do, I will add a page of them to this set.
I am trying out the method of grouping my embellishments in 1 area like I have seen on alot of the scrapbook blogs and sites. I am not sure I have the knack for this but I will keep trying and see how I like it. I still prefer simple and minimalistic but I have to use up some stash so will try to add alittle more than I usually do and see how it goes.
On the weather topic, it is still snowing here and I don't like it one bit. It is way too early. And with the wind, it feels like winter, not fall. We had a long cold spring and now an early winter, it just isn't fair!!! But we all know the answer to that one, don't we????

5 comments:

Julie Cortens said...

Great challenge. I couldn't keep up with that one for sure. And I love that you are going to use the stuff you have on hand. That is what real scrapbooking creativity is all about.:)
Great layouts.

Barb said...

Thanks so much for the kind words you left on my blog today. I truly appreciate it. :)

I love that you're scrapbooking every day in October. Your LOs are great! I love how you fit so many photos on your pages. I love the look but often am too disorganized to plan out my pages that way. Which is why you see so many smaller, single-photo pages in my albums. ;)

Fern said...

Oh Cheryl, my husband would have loved to seen this. Your Harvest Days and Hitching up the Team lo are fantastic... What great memories this will be for the next generation. And what a sweetie you have there. The other lo's are adorable... Sorry, I've been the worlds worst blogger, I'm trying to be better... Stay warm... :o)

April D said...

I love the so tweet and smile pages...great job...

April D said...

I love the so tweet and smile pages...great job...