Monday, October 27, 2008

some more about the weekend

This one is for Jenn's album that I started years ago and then just sort of abandoned. I figured I should at least get their school photos done and into it. I think I have from grade 6 to 12 done but for some reason I didn't get the beginning years into the album. I will get right on that! I am not sure I like the letters on the side but they are going to stay. I need to keep the momentum going.
This photo has that orange tone to it that so many have that were taken in these years. I totally scraplifted this layout from Leica's blog. She had a photo of herself that had this orange look to it and she used the turquoise color with it and I thought it looked pretty good.

This photo is one from 1984, so you see I am going way back in my little pile of photos!!! I haven't even scratched the surface of pics that we took. I do have some scrapbooked but there are soooo many more. I think I will try to do some of the really old photos, like of my grandparents next. I just wanted to get the formal ones done and in an album. Looking at this layout as I write I am seeing that maybe I should have put that little pink flower down lower to follow the flow of flowers down the side of the page. Oh well, guess I can add another one down there, funny what you see after you look at something for awhile!!


So this is another one of the layouts that I got done. I put some scribbles glitter on and so had to lay it somewhere to dry, that was hard because we had lots of stuff on our table!! It went together fairly easily once I sat down and started.
So, those are the ones that I got finished at the crop. I started some other ones but couldn't put them together totally so will work on those this week sometime. I was so proud of myself, I used everything from my own stash. I went looking in the stores a few times but didn't buy anything, that's right....nothing. I convinced myself that I had enough stuff and I didn't need any more. They had some beautiful frames there that you could paint and decorate for home decor, along with huge letters, they were all cut out of MDF board. I looked at those for along time before I could convince myself that I didn't need them. I really wanted the Big Shot that Stampin Up had there, but I have a cuttlebug already, so I couldn't really justify getting it. And someone told me that you can put most of the dies through the cuttlebug so maybe will get the one that I like the most and try it and if it works, well, we will have to see what happens!!! so have a good week everyone, happy Halloween!



1 comment:

Julie Cortens said...

Wow - looks like you got a lot done after all - AND all the classes. What fun!