Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Conversation with a toddler

I really don't have much to blog about, there really isn't much going on, but on Sunday I had our little granddaughter here to visit and I am really amazed at how well developed her sense of humor is. Our conversation went sort of like this:

"Bamma, appos?" while she is looking at the grapes on the cupboard. Everything round is either a ball or an apple to her. "No, Amanda, those are grapes" "Bapes" "Yes, grapes, would you like some?" She nods her head. "Mo appos" "Grapes" Now she looks at me, giggles and says "Bappos, tee hee" I think this is one of those moments that should be scrapped and put into her album so I will have to think about that for awhile.
Then later, she was standing on the chair, "Amanda, sit down" "No" "Yes, please" "No" "A-man-da" said by me in a warning voice and then her, in a sing-song voice, "Nan nan da" giggle, giggle. The little shyster!!!
We have such a good time with that little tyke, but man can she tire me out!!! She never walks, always runs and has done a few face plants onto the ground, but has learned to put her arms out and turn her head now!!!
I am still having problems with my ankle and the dr. is still keeping me off work with minimal activity, which I am finding to be abit of a problem because there is so much to do around here. I really try to stay still but I must not be doing well because my ankle and foot still hurt quite abit in the evening and during the night and that is with regular doses of Advil on board. I will have to try harder I guess. Maybe if I go on a vacation where I can't see the work, yeah, maybe that is the answer!!!
We finally have nice weather and I really like being outside, I have cut my garden down drastically this year because i can't be in it, dh planted some potatoes, mostly because he likes them so much. And I didn't really plant any flowers, mostly because of the weather being so cold but also because I am not supposed to be out there!! I put a few petunias in my front bed because it can be seen from the street and I thought it needed something.
Well, must do my 15 minutes of something now and then it will be back to sitting again! Hope everyone enjoys the nice day today.

2 comments:

Julie Cortens said...

Oh I do hope that ankle improves soon. I think I would be stir crazy especially now that we have decent weather!!
If it is any consolation, I haven't planted a thing in my garden...but you know what? The perennials are doing so well I just might not bother!

Saucy said...

We love bammas, appos and bapes around here. You will probably call them that forever! Hope you are having a great day too and enjoying this nice weather (finally)!