Friday, June 19, 2009

New Photos

I am finding that I really like the macro setting on my camera and I look for things to take pictures of that will need me to use that setting! I am thinking seriously of getting a macro lens but I also want to get a larger zoom lens too so am going to have to decide what I want to have the most, my birthday is coming up so even though I would actually like to skip that day I really want a new lens so maybe will have to celebrate this year again!!

The light was filtering through this honeysuckle tree so nicely, it looked so pretty on the leaves and flowers, I was crawling all over the ground to try and find the nicest shot. Between this bush and the dandelions, I think I took 100 photos!! Ya just gotta love digital!!!

3 comments:

Julie Cortens said...

Very nice macro shots.
I love my macro lens.....but I probably use my wide angle zoom more. But a macro lens is also perfect for nice close portraits of...say... grandchildren. :)
Get both!

Julie Cortens said...

Cheryl - check out http://www.str8photography.com/str8photography/Macro_Lensses_-_Macro_Photography.html

Jenn@ You know... that Blog? said...

haha, I thought I was the only one who used birthdays and Xmas to get lenses! In my opinion, it's the only reason to celebrate birthdays after you reach a certain number...

I'm going for the macro lens next time, because I'm already set on my zooms (which I use ALL the time). I'd say get a good wide angle zoom first, and then pine for the macro for the next big occasion ;)

Anyhoo, I am blog hopping today - (I think I found you in Bakerella's comments but I have a few tabs open right now!)

Come visit me some time!