Saturday, June 6, 2009

This is getting Ridiculous!! BRRRRRRRRR

Well, I am almost ready to pack my bags and head out for warmer climates!!! Oh right, it isn't winter and we aren't planning our winter holiday to Mexico!! It is late spring, almost SUMMER. mother nature, are you listening?????? I was forced to turn the furnace back on last night, I was freezing. I can't believe this weather. I have been working in our flower beds alittle bit but I haven't even been to the greenhouses yet because it is just too cold, I don't think anything will grow anyway even if I did plant it. We have had frost overnight a couple of times in the past few days as well. I fluffed up the compost bin today after I had taken out the bottom part to mix in the beds and pulled some weeds, all while wearing my winter jacket!!! I have planted potatoes but that is about it. I don't think I will even bother with much else, it won't have any growing time. DH was driving around this last week and he said the crops look terrible, alot of canola got hit hard by the frost, it will come back but it will be late. Here's hoping for a late fall. Ha!

No comments: